Issues compiling the tip for AU host

hey jules, I have just created an audio plugin project with JUCE 4.2 running on el capitan and I have included all AU, VST, AAX etc as targets. I am trying to use accelerate framework but I can’t get it to build. I managed to do the workaround in the previous version of Juce but now i get this error:

if you cant view the image it says in finder.h, quickdraw.h, processes.h and fonts.h that: Unknown type name CarbonDummyPointName.

I have tried all of the above solutions with no luck.

Any ideas ?

Try this. In juce_audio_devices.cpp, find this piece of code:

#if JUCE_MAC
 #define Point CarbonDummyPointName
 #define Component CarbonDummyCompName
 #import <CoreAudio/AudioHardware.h>
 #import <CoreMIDI/MIDIServices.h>
 #import <DiscRecording/DiscRecording.h>
 #import <AudioToolbox/AudioServices.h>
 #undef Point
 #undef Component

and change it to this:

#if JUCE_MAC
 #import <CoreAudio/AudioHardware.h>
 #import <CoreMIDI/MIDIServices.h>
 #import <DiscRecording/DiscRecording.h>
 #import <AudioToolbox/AudioServices.h>

Does it compile then?

Edit: and also revert any local changes you have so that you are using JUCE 4.2 from the tip. Your error message mentions “did you mean CarbonDummyComponentName?” which is odd because “CarbonDummyComponentName” doesn’t occur anywhere on the current JUCE tip.

Hi Timur thanks for your reply,

When I include this :

I get reference to point and reference to component is ambiguous which is normal.

After uncommenting the definitions

I get the error I posted above.

I tried your solution in In juce_audio_devices.cpp and still no luck.

Best,

Vassilis

I just upgraded to JUCE 4.2.1 yesterday and the above code ( uncommented ) was working fine with JUCE 4.0.1. Are there any other local changes I might be looking out for ?

Yeah I have re projuced my plugin 100 times today. I’m at the point where there is nothing else in the source than the default pluginEditor & processor .cpp and .h files PLUS my fdc.cpp and fdc.h( which includes accelerate ) and I still get the errors. Also I haven’t touched the build settings.

I will carry on with the 4.0.1 version for now until there is a fix for that.

Thank you.