I'd like to have a play with the Projucer's JIT compilation features, but I'm not having any luck. I've registered on My ROLI for the free/community tier and downloaded JUCE 4.0.1 to my Mac Pro (OS X 10.10.5, Xcode 7.1.1, 2.26GHz 8 core, 12GB RAM, SSD boot drive). I've succesfully logged in and the Projucer is displaying the Build tab, but when I attempt to open one of the example projects it goes something like this:
- Open Projucer, close any open projects
- File > Open > point it to "~/juce-grapefruit-osx/examples/Demo/JuceDemo.jucer"
- Approximately 20 seconds elapse whilst nothing appears to happen
- The Projucer window opens on the Build tab and displays the message "JIT process stopped responding!"
- From the Build menu, I click "Enable Compilation"
- Another 20 seconds or so elapse whilst nothing appears to happen
- The left hand sidebar of the Build tab now shows the accordion GUI - "Errors and Warnings, Components, Activities", but the Components area is empty.
- Any mouse clicks around the Projucer (e.g to the Config tab, and then to one of the modules) result in 10-20 seconds of beachball before the expected behaviour.
- Click back to the Build tab
- Wait another 10-20 seconds for the beachball
- The components area of the left hand accordion is still empty, but now the right hand pane is eroneously showing a live version of the Module editor previously selected on the Config tab for editing.
I have tried also opening the HelloWorld, AudioAppExample and PluckedStringsDemo on my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro (also OS X 10.10.5) with similar results. It certainly isn't behaving as I would expect from having watched Jules' (old) YouTube demo.
Am I doing it wrong?