JUCE 4.2's AU v2: rez & compatibility

Concerning AU and Live 9.1: yes, thanks for spotting! This was originally fixed in this commit, but then later broke again due to this commit.

I just fixed it again, please update to the newest tip and re-Projuce your plug-in!

Concerning VST2: the newest tip does work just fine on my machine with Live 9.1.2 64-bit! Please make sure you enabled VST in Live’s Preferences, selected the right folders there, and did a Rescan.

Apologies for cross posting, this thread seems more relevant to my problem. Xcode 7.3.1 seems to have resurrected the problem. My project worked fine, then broke after a clean with the following errors

/JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/AU/AUResources.r:89: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Badly formed expression.
/JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/juce_audio_plugin_client_AU.r: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Since errors occurred, /Users/jonathanthorpe/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Relay-gznmewrtzrpwuafyzllzfeggfwmv/Build/Intermediates/Relay.build/Debug/Relay (AU).build/ResourceManagerResources/Objects/juce_audio_plugin_client_AU.rsrc's resource fork was not written.
Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez failed with exit code 2

I detailed my attempts to solve the problem here AUs in Xcode

I think I’ve narrowed it down to an Xcode problem but any advice on solving the problem would be great. Even a quick fix so that I can get back to developing the plugin. Creating an empty plugin from scratch with the last Projucer (both master and commit branches) results in the same error, so this seems like a pretty serious issue. Thanks for any help!

I ran into the same issue while porting an existing plugin to JUCE 4. In my case the problem was that I had a nonsense entry in “Plugin AU Main Type” (Projucer project settings). No idea why it was there but after clearing this field it built fine.