Juce 5.2 Target platform fixed at 10.0.16299.0

I just opened an existing project in 5.2 and the Windows Target Platform was fixed at 10.0.16299.0 with no options to change it.
I don’t have 10.0.16299.0 on my system.

Previously this was a dropdown with options like :
(default)

It’s not fixed - you can change it in the VS exporter settings and then re-save your project:

Alternatively, the latest Windows 10 SDK is available here.

Ah. I see now it’s just a textfield, not a dropdown unlike 5.1.2

Bit unfortunate that the default value its filled with is invalid rather than being the last valid default version.

It’s not an invalid version. If the target platform version isn’t set in your project then the default will be the latest.

ok mate.

any reason to lose the dropdown version list? because otherwise i have to remember and type in the previous version.

There are a lot of different versions of the Windows SDK and it is updated quite regularly, so using a text field instead of a drop-down means that we don’t restrict the versions that people can use.

You can see which SDKs you have installed on your machine by going to Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Lib.

1 Like

‘You can see which SDKs you have installed on your machine by going to Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Lib.’

This would be a good addition to the tooltip text :slight_smile:

Sure, I’ll add it.

Or you could scan that folder for the versions, and then display a Combobox. Best of both worlds. You get a sensible collection directly selectable by the user, or he/she can type in whatever they like :wink:

1 Like

That’s a good idea.

In the meantime how do I set what Juce considers as the ‘default’ version?

I’ve just pushed this fix to the develop branch which will use the latest version if you leave the text field empty.