JUCE apps in Mac App Store?

Is anyone considering submitting their JUCE app to the new Mac App Store for desktop apps?

What do you think about giving Apple a 30% cut?

Do you think JUCE apps will even be accepted? In the guidelines it says:
"6.3 Apps that do not use system provided items, such as buttons and icons, correctly and as described in the Apple Macintosh Human Interface Guidelines will be rejected."
Surely this is violated by all apps made in JUCE?

Curious to hear everyone’s thoughts!

I can’t say I’m overly excited by this app-store : giving away so much control to apple (marketing, license management, strict and silly rules to follow for app approval)… But maybe the developers who do not yet have setup a solution for payment processing, distribution and license management etc will have another feeling.

I also believe that they won’t accept JUCE apps that do not use the “native” window borders and menu bar.

[quote=“auspuff”]Do you think JUCE apps will even be accepted? In the guidelines it says:
"6.3 Apps that do not use system provided items, such as buttons and icons, correctly and as described in the Apple Macintosh Human Interface Guidelines will be rejected."
Surely this is violated by all apps made in JUCE?

Curious to hear everyone’s thoughts![/quote]

I’ll do it. The amount of eyes you’ll get your app in front of should outweigh the cons, apart from them dealing with sales tax, merchant fees etc. I’ve been hoping they’d do it.

You could interpret that guideline only in the sense of not misusing their icons and stuff. So you shouldn’t use a system icon for the wrong purpose, and if you’re doing something very standard, like taking a photo, you shouldn’t make up your own icon/button. But lots of iphone apps and Mac apps have their own look and feel - should be fine with juce stuff. If your Mac app looked like an imitation of the standard stuff, that would be bad though. We may need a new standard juce l+f that is a bit less Mac-like, funnily enough.

The hard and fast rule probably will be window decorations and menus. But that’s simple in juce, so it’s a non-issue.

Bruce

What about the iTunes app store for iOS?

Have you ever had problem validating your iPhone app because it was using Juce?

I hate Apple and Steve Jobs.

This having been said, I hope we see a Juce app in the App store! That would be awesome for Jules!

FWIW we got a Juce based app which is sold on the IOS app store.
Still it doesn’t use Juce for its GUI.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/electrobeats-by-david-guetta/id402768873?mt=8

I currently work on Windows only, but I look at the Mac and iOS stores as promising opportunities.
Anybody else on the forum has put his/her JUCE based app on the stores?