Juce Demo on iPhone

I tried to build the Juce Demo for iPad simulator debug from the iPhone build directory and this is the message I get after a crash on launch:

JUCE v1.53.7
Detected an attempt to call a symbol in system libraries that is not present on the iPhone:
getrlimit$UNIX2003 called from function _ZN4juce11SystemStats15initialiseStatsEv in image JuceDemo.
If you are encountering this problem running a simulator binary within gdb, make sure you ‘set start-with-shell off’ first.

Any ideas?

I haven’t tried it myself in Apple’s latest SDK yet - could be that they’ve changed something. I’ll have a go as soon as I can…

any news?
I’ve the same problem on iPad…

I’ve been running it on the ipad simulator with no problem. Can’t really think what you’d be doing that’d break it.

I’ve no problem runnin the demo on the iPhone, but on Ipad the running stops on the SystemStats::initialiseStats() inside initialiseJuce_NonGUI()…

Like I said, I was running it for iPad too. Maybe there’s a difference in the OS version we’re using. TBH the getrlimit call isn’t really essential on iOS, I could probably just remove it for that platform.

No problems here on Xcode 3.2.6 + iOS 4.3. Juce Demo working fine on the iPad simulator and device (iPad2). The only issue I have is having to turn off thumb code in the debug build for the device otheriwse two of the amalgamted files fail to compile (see antoher thread in the Mac & iOS forum).

(The only minor issue is the audio recording tab doesn’t seem to record the file into the documents directory on the device.)

I’m running XCode 3.2.6 and IOS 4.3 too, but I can compile only targeting iPhone 4.0 and iPhone 4.1.
If I try targeting iPad 3.2 or superior and iPhone 4.2 or superior it stops here

int juce_iOSMain (int argc, const char* argv[])
{
return UIApplicationMain (argc, const_cast<char**> (argv), nil, @“JuceAppStartupDelegate”);
}

The debugger says ‘GDB : Program received signal : SIGABRT’ and the iPad simulator stops on a black screen…

I’m also targeting 4.2 with no problem. If you’re not even getting past the main() call, then something sounds extremely broken with your build!

I’m tryng to build the Juce Demo and Juce example projects from a fresh Juce download but I’ve the same problem…
I’m thinking…maybe there’s some strange behaviour on the path in argv string and it can’t return the exact application path???

Fresh from GIT or the latest release? Monad cited “JUCE v1.53.7” back in Janurary with the problem but the lates build no is 79 now (i.e., 1.53.79).

Downloaded 1.53.79 and it works really fine now!!! I’ve struggled 2 days with XCode and I didn’t thought about download the latest build of Juce, but I’m too tired 'cause I’m working on my degree project

I was using Juce 1.52 :smiley:

Thanks a lot guys…