Juce Gui With Processing

Is it possible to develope a Gui for a plugin with Processing and connect it with Juce?
I know it’s possible to do it with Supercollider and Processing by OSC.

There’s no existing JUCE/Processing integration that I know of.

Me neither, but there are some classes about OSC in Juce (wich is a comunication protocol for audio information) , for example OscSender and OscReceiver.
It’s possible to connect Supercollider with a Gui developed in Processing usig this kind of messages, so,maybe it’s possible in Juce too

OSC is pretty fun and just really a network protocol for byte streams.

For OSC to work you need server/client, so port/IP address, start some type of UDP socket server and share information.

No idea about this, but I have used OSC messages for years connecting weird things in weird ways so I bet you might be able to. I just don’t know “how” SuperCollider runs and processes, that would be on the PC app to your PC app?

The main point; OSC is just a byte array, each end needs to be able to take that byte stream and make useful information from it. Each “client” and “server” need to know they exist and then connect to each other.

From my experience with OSC, once you get those figured out and your code for parsing and creating OSC bundles, you’re golden for app dev, whatever it is.

1 Like