JUCE Lib & folders organization

What would be the best practices to follow in order to:

• keep a “safe” & up to date JUCE lib in a folder
  • make a folder with all specific sub-folders with all my tests, and plugins & …

?

I guess, create a .jucer file with introjucer where I write the place of the JUCE lib could be the way.

I just ask that because I just copied/pasted the audio plugin demo folder and I just figured out there is a copy of the JUCE inside of it.
I guess it is nice, but in order to keep JUCE everytime up to date, it could be better to keep it in a safe place no?

About Amalgamated, what is the purpose/advantage ?

all infos/tips/experiences would be great :slight_smile:

best,

I like to have a folder called “apps” with all my projects inside the main juce folder.
So when I need to update the library I just move the apps folder outside the main juce folder, replace the old juce folder with the new one and move the apps folder inside it.
But that’s just me.

Interesting :slight_smile:
In the demo folders, there is everytime a Builds folder too.
It reminds me your idea

Using IntroJucer even to upgrade, I’d probably use a pure safe JUCE-only library folder.
Not sure yet… I just decided to go with Jucer after a big hesitation with IPlug C++ & even pure VST sdk…

FYI I’m using the amalgamated version (with the “split among several files” option). Always.

sorry, i didn’t get it, why did you want to place all your own stuff inside the JUCE-Folder? (this way you will always have trouble when you updating), just use a folder outside the juce-folder (and you will have no problems)

/myprojects/juce
/myprojects/myApp
/myprojects/vstsdk

Because if I need to transfer all the stuff to another machine I just compress the whole juce folder and copy it without the need to remember where to place juce etc…

just use relative Filenames inside your project like
#inlcude “…/…/juce/juce.h”

and if you want to copy the whole folder copy “myprojects” in this case
/myprojects/juce
/myprojects/myApp
/myprojects/vstsdk

[quote=“chkn”]just use relative Filenames inside your project like
#inlcude “…/…/juce/juce.h”

and if you want to copy the whole folder copy “myprojects” in this case
/myprojects/juce
/myprojects/myApp
/myprojects/vstsdk[/quote]