Miss build folder in juce1.52 release package

Hi Jules,
I downloaded the latest version juce_1_52.zip from sourceforge, but I encountered the building errors, as there is no “juce/build” folder.
The relevent information in “\juce_1_52\juce\extras\the jucer\build\vc8\jucer.sln” is:

Project("{8BC9CEB8-8B4A-11D0-8D11-00A0C91BC942}") = “JUCE", "…\build\win32\vc8\JUCE.vcproj”, “{AE232C11-D91C-4CA1-B24E-8B11A52EFF26}”

Actually, there is no such “…\build\win32\vc8\JUCE.vcproj” in the release package at all.

I guess you may forget this issue, or you may have your own idea, if that, please tell me how fix this issue.

Best regards
Warren

[quote=“xinhu”]Hi Jules,
I downloaded the latest version juce_1_52.zip from sourceforge, but I encountered the building errors, as there is no “juce/build” folder.
[/quote]
无需从SF获取JUCE的最新版本。Jules在Jucer这个程序中,内置了一个下载最新版本的功能(Jucer experimental)。
有两个选项,可选择不删除已有的旧文件,直接升级即可。这个功能很方便,也无需担心新版本打包文件中缺少某个文件或文件夹。xinhu兄可以试一下。 :slight_smile:

我刚刚升级到了1.52.110。

Ah, that doesn’t matter, it works fine anyway. I just used VC8 to compile the pre-built jucer binary that’s available on SourceForge, so there’s certainly no problem building it.

Hi Jules

I think you missed it; there is no juce/build folder at all. This is missing. Hence building the libraries is a little fraught…

Help pls?

Cheers
Don

Hi Jules

As a temporary fix I have copied across the build folder from the 1-51 release and am using that to build the libraries; I do not know if this is going to miss anything new…

Cheers
Don

Ah, sorry. I thought you were just confused because there isn’t supposed to be a juce/build, it’s now called juce/Builds… but it looks like I actually did miss that folder out of the zip somehow.

I’ll fix that and upload a new zip, but I recommend learning to use the GIT anyway, it’s a much smarter way to work.

:smiley:

Don

Thanks Jules. I am so glad to here such news.

I also try to use gitk to track your changes, but I found it’s so slow to sync or fetch the master source. So horrible.

What’s about your unit tests for juce? If you did that, could you please share the test case for us? I think it’s much helpful to understand the detail functionalities or the specific classes or functions usages.

I am downloading the fix version. Holp have a nice result! :smiley:

Hi SwingCoder, thanks for your tips.

I found the tiny trick in the jucer( experimental). Very nice.

What ’ about your project? I saw the snapshot yesterday, very wonderful. Is it opensource?

If that, could you please submit to the public code repository, e.g gool.code or sourceforge. It’s will be helpful for us such newbies.

BTW, Jules, I suggest that you could add another page to contain such examples based on juce library.

That’s maybe follow the opensource spirit much better: We cheer, we share, we win :lol:

xinhu兄见笑了。那个是我个人目前学习C++和JUCE的“练习”吧。目前还在做界面,很多东西我都不知道该如何实现,还在艰难的摸索和尝试。我曾请教Jules,如何学习这个类库,他说最好的办法就是动手做项目。于是我就一点点的鼓捣,效率非常非常低,脑子非常非常晕。我还没想过是尽早购买JUCE的商业授权,还是以后发布开源代码。如果学习顺利的话,无论是否开源,我都会购买一个JUCE商业授权,也是对Jules的支持吧。

我做过多年的音乐制作人和录音师,创作、编曲、MIDI、音频、录音、混缩、声学设计与测量等等领域,都很熟悉。对电脑音乐和数字音频也不陌生。在这些方面,我有很多与众不同的想法和创意,也有很多自己长期摸索的经验和技巧,声学、电子、物理、音乐、音频、MIDI、相关硬件等方面的专业知识也不缺。但就是苦于计算机语言和编程能力不行,一直无法实现。也是想争口气,这些领域的专业级软件和硬件,我们国家完完全全是一片空白,落后于世界几十年,甚至连萌芽和起步都没有。少数几个玩具级的音乐制作和音频类软件,根本摆不到桌面上。实在是很悲哀……我曾想过拉起一支团队做这件事,但是俗话说“打铁先要自身硬”,我现在的水平还不够,即使拉起队伍也带不好……

今年刚好有些时间,于是就静下心来学习C++,啃了几本书,做了一些练习题,而后开始学习JUCE类库。但是,学习的难度和压力实在太大了,对我来说,简直就像一个人徒手攀登珠峰……我现在是咬牙坚持,希望在有生之年,能爬多高就爬多高吧。

从今年6月份至今,我放弃了所有的事情,每天平均15个小时以上学习C++,对我这个年龄的人来说,着实不容易。我现在非常需要一个了解JUCE类库和计算机编程的指导老师。诚恳希望能得到您的不吝指教和帮助。

Yep, It’s very great for you to have a chance by the commercial lience, I think it’s the good way to support jules and make the juce library make much powerful.

Wish you be sucess for your programming career.