JUCER_ENABLE_GPL_MODE with JUCE 6?

Sorry if this question has already an answer somewhere, but what is the proper way to enable GPL mode in JUCE 6? All what i found is to define the JUCER_ENABLE_GPL_MODE macro in “Projucer/JuceLibraryCode/AppConfig.h” but it seems that file doesn’t exist anymore.

1 Like

JUCE projects no longer contain an AppConfig.h file by default, but you can still enable GPL mode by defining JUCER_ENABLE_GPL_MODE=1 in the preprocessor definitions of the Projucer IDE project on your platform. In Xcode for example this is in the “Preprocessor Macros” setting. Alternatively you can select the “Enable GPL Mode” option in the sign-in dialog

:

5 Likes

@ed95
I suggest this should be marked more clearly or should at least be an option in the dialogs on the top of the GUI. Once you’re logged in, there is really no way to access GPL-mode, and it wouldn’t have come to my mind to log out again.

Furthermore all info on the forum, except for this post, suggests to built the Projucer with the flag set in AppConfig.h, which of course is no longer available.

Hello.
I’m trying to do this in Visual Studio 2019.
I have an option for Preprocessor Definitions, but it has some strange macros I can’t quite parse. Can anyone show me where I’d have to actually put the text “JUCER_ENABLE_GPL_MODE=1” in order to be able to use JUCE as GPL?
Thank you!

You can enable the GPL mode directly in Projucer during runtime. The option is in the File menu. (You also have to log out of your Juce account, if you have been logged into that in the Projucer.)

Hmm, I’m not seeing it.
projucer-file-menu

Ah, I found it. If others are searching for it, it’s actually an alternative on the “sign in” window in Projucer.

1 Like