JUCEs Open Source License and the iOS App Store?

Hello, everybody! My name is Steven and I’m new to all of this but I’m kind of wanting to learn all about all of this JUCE stuff and am wanting to start an open source community round audio programming and hardware dev. as to try to open it up a bit to everyone who wants to get into it… like myself. lol. Anyways… I’m probably going to be around here on these forums a lot over the next years (if you don’t mind) and am going to be asking a lot of questions I’m sure. I too hope to be helping out as much as I can but I need to learn what I’m doing first. Soooo… one of my first questions is:

Can I create using the free open source license and sell my work on the App Store if I make the code and stuff available on like Github or something?

I found this post, I just don’t know if it’s the same deal or not.

Open Source + sell my plugins, its ok?

I would really like to start this open source thing over the next several years and would like to be using the JUCE framework to be doing so if that’s cool. Like I said, I’m new to all of this and know I have a lot of work to do and a lot to study up on but I think this is going to be a lot of fun!

Thanks for all the help and the wonderful product!!!

• Steven

Peace!

Technically you can, but anyone could just grab your code, build a binary version of it and sell it for one dollar cheaper on the App Store. It’s not really a viable model to sell open-source software.

Cool, thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t going against the license or anything. :slight_smile: