Looking for developers to help me on a very special open source project to benefit blind musicians please help

Hi everyone, hope you’re doing well and staying safe. For those of you who don’t know me I’m Trey from the UK and I’m a totally blind electronic musician. One of the challenges faced by me and many other blind musicians is that of performing electronic music live. Even though I have no coding skills and experience I am looking for developers to help me on an open source project which aims to resolve this problem. The project would be an Open source sampler app for iOS that would be accessible to blind users and everyone else. I already have a good idea of what I would like the sampler to do and how I would like it to be laid out. I think that juce6.1 would be good for this use case because it has recently become accessible. If you think you are able to help me with this project or you know anybody that you think might be able to help, please send me a private message or comment on this thread. Thank you very much for reading I look forward to hearing from you all kind regards Trey.

6 Likes

This sounds like a really cool project. I bet you will be able to find some interested people either here on the forum or over on the audio programmer discord!

I wonder if the JUCE team would be interested in being involved in some capacity. Accessibility was a big push for them recently and this sounds like the perfect showcase project.

1 Like

I haven’t tried that discord by Will thank you very much, I’ll also mention this to them on Twitter.

1 Like

I’ve yet to mention it in the discord, but I emailed the JUCE team just the other day :slight_smile:

1 Like