Mac problem

User getting this error. Is it a problem with my build or can I prompt user to download something?

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/AVKit.framework/Versions/A/AVKit
Referenced from: /Users/USER/Desktop/Blackbox II.app/Contents/MacOS/Blackbox II
Reason: image not found

Which version of macOS is the user running? AVKit should be available since macOS 10.9 according to https://developer.apple.com/documentation/avkit.

Yeah I got something similar from a user recently because they were running 10.8. Luckily I was able to re-compile the dylibs (it was FFmpeg in my case) making sure to set 10.8 as the minimum target.

Seeming to be plagued with old mac problems today. Had a bit of coverage on music radar and downloads gone through the roof but every problem has been either old AMD’s or old OS problems.

juce_video is the only JUCE module that depends on AVKit:

Double-check whether you need it in your project, if not you’ll save several MB in your distributed binary and you’ll be able to support older macOS versions.

Whats the best way to remove it in Projucer. In the modules just remove add source to project for juce_video.

Can do it Xcode but don’t want to do it everytime. Cheers

No. Add source to project only makes the source files browsable in the IDE. It has no impact on what gets built.

To remove a module in Projucer, you have to Right-click on the module in the Modules list. Then click on Remove this module in the contextual menu: