My project is currently in beta and I was looking forward to release my plugin within the next month. That also means that I’ve got to buy acquire a license I was thrilled to see that the new license model that comes with JUCE 5 is going to scale way better with the growth of new startups.
When I tried to migrate my project to JUCE 5 last night I was hitting some roadblocks on Windows and had to revert back to JUCE 4.3.
I’m using 5 projects:
- Static Core Library
- Static UI Library
- Core Library test host: Tests the core library using google test and google mock. (Links the Core Library)
- UI Library test host: Custom test host to test and develop my custom UI components (Links the Core and the UI Library)
- Plugin: The actual plugin project. There is not that much going on. Most of the implementation is done in the static libraries. (Links the two libraries)
On MacOs I’ve put all my projects into a workspace. This still works fine with JUCE 5. On Windows I’ve got one solution that includes all my projects. This was working fine until JUCE 5 as there was not much going on within the solutions that the Projucer created for each project. With JUCE 5 the Projucer is now creating Visual Studio projects that include all project files and some JUCE cpp files, that need to be compiled with the project. The project on it’s own doesn’t have any structure (filters etc. ). The whole project structure is now placed in solution. That way it’s pretty much impossible to put all my projects into one big solution any more.
Let me define my problem:
(Xcode project) == (Visual Studio Project)
(Xcode workspace) == (Visual Studio Solution)
(JUCE Project) -> (Xcode Project)
but on Windows:
(JUCE Project) -> (Visual Studio Solution)
I’m kind of confused what would be the right way to go right now. I could manage the projects myself, and not use the Projucer at all, but that would make upgrading way more complicated.
Are there any plans to support the old way projects where managed or may to manage multiple projects with one JUCE project?
Can I still acquire a JUCE 4 license in case I decide to stay on JUCE 4.3 for now?