More Feature Suggestions

Feature suggestions:

• Show in finder/explorer menu item for source files
  • Unrequested new version dialog dropped, replace with a status bar notification or similar
  • Allow multiple projucer versions to be loaded at once.
  • Allow adding files the the projucer project by copying on drop - maybe with a modifier key - the default is to add the files just where they are at present. It may need to prompt for a destination folder in which case it should open the file chooser in the location of the nearest file to the drop position on the source tree.
  • Provide a preferences item to disable the opening of previous projects.

That should already work. Right-click on the source file, there is a “Reveal in Finder”.

It’s just been dropped on develop.

Yes that’s not a bad request. We would need to be sure that you don’t open the same project though.

Both reasonable requests. I’ll try to add something like that. Thanks for the suggestions.

Don’t know why I couldn’t find reveal in finder !!

The ‘allow multiple versions to be open at once’ has probably got quite a few gotchas in there.

Also, one last one, global preferences: Do Not Open Previous Projects on Load?

1 Like

yes, the current behaviour is a bit annoying really. especially because when you open a .jucer project, it sets it in the back, and the frontmost one is the previous project that you actually did not want to open

2 Likes

Also, it’d be good to have a cross-platform uber-script in the root of the JUCE folder that built, if necessary, and executed the projucer from the command line.

Here’s an example for MacOS:

$ cat jucer
#!/bin/sh
PROJUCER_EXECUTABLE="extras/Projucer/Builds/MacOSX/build/Debug/Projucer.app/Contents/MacOS/Projucer"
if [ ! -f "${PROJUCER_EXECUTABLE}" ] || [ "$1x" == "--rebuildx" ];
then
    pushd extras/Projucer/Builds/MacOSX/
    xcodebuild
    popd
fi
"${PROJUCER_EXECUTABLE}" "$@"

Though it needs fixing so it works if the working directory isn’t the root of the juce folder…

1 Like

And here’s an annoying warning you might want to look at. That last message is repeated forever…

jim@snoopy ~/Code/loopcloud/juce (master)
 $ extras/Projucer/Builds/MacOSX/build/Debug/Projucer.app/Contents/MacOS/Projucer
JUCE v4.2.2

Projucer 4.2.1  ---  Build date: Jun  1 2016
Log started: 21 Jul 2016 9:24:35am

Mac OSX 10.9.5
CPU: 2800MHz  Cores: 8  14336MB
Loading project: /Users/jim/Code/WindowDocking/WindowDocking.jucer
JUCE Assertion failure in juce_File.cpp:174
Illegal absolute path: extras/Projucer/Builds/MacOSX/build/Debug/Projucer.app/Contents/MacOS/Projucer
Illegal absolute path: extras/Projucer/Builds/MacOSX/build/Debug/Projucer.app/Contents/MacOS/Projucer

another request:

Add the Executable Field of XCode Scheme to the Projucer export dialog. I have to set it very often and it would be good if it just stays at the Plugin Host.app or whatever is used.

1 Like

Likewise for Visual Studio - though I think I or someone else looked at this before and discovered it was in a different file on Xcode from the one that’s written by the projucer for the Xcode project…so maybe not easy. Perhaps there’s some fancy Mac automator script that could do it…