Multiple processors/editors wrapped in 1 plugin

Hello,

I'm working on a complete audio engine which uses multiple processors and automated DSP algorithms to control various parameters. We have VST builds for each individual processors for testing purposes. I'm working on embedding the whole processing chain within a single VST plugin as a black box system. This engine also encompasses a very basic host for third-party vsts or for testing purposes for our in-house processors. I'm using this host as a bridge in the VST build of the engine and I would like to be able to show all editors in separate windows, for processors loaded with the VST Host bridge.

Right now, I'm using a derived class from juce::DocumentWindow to achieve this but I have run into a few kinks (editor windows don't show as DAW's windows: i.e. they are hidden when focus is on the DAW, bugs at destruction as well). The audio is processed correctly, and the Editor works well otherwise. Is that the appropriate way to achieve this? Is their any way to make additional editors owned by the DAW toplevel window?

Any hints would be appreciated!

Regards,

Seb

Little update. Worked out the bugs and it works properly for testing purposes. I can load the audio engine with whatever processors I want and load extra processors as VSTs with the bridge module. Just a bit annoying that the extra windows for the VST loaded with the bridge module, are not owned by the DAW, which makes them hidden by default. We were planning on using that for demo purposes as well, but I guess it's only gonna be for R&D only.

I'm surprised nobody has used multi-editors in their audio plugins before... Feel free to drop some knowledge here if you have :)

Regards,

Seb

We’re using an audio graph to load the vsts?