Multiple selection and right click on TableListBox

Hi Jules,

A happy new year.

When multiple rows on the TableListBox are selected and right click one of them, other rows are de-selected before TableListBoxModel::cellClicked() is called.

I think this is not good behavior when the application need to do the action for selected rows by right click.

How about changing return type of TableListBoxModel::cellClicked() to bool instead of void? If the return value is true, TableListBox won’t change the row selection if the clicked row was selected, etc.

Best regards,
Masanao Hayashi

Happy new year!

Good point… I think the best fix would be this tweak to juce_ListBox.cpp:

void ListBox::selectRowsBasedOnModifierKeys (const int row, const ModifierKeys& mods) { if (multipleSelection && mods.isCommandDown()) { flipRowSelection (row); } else if (multipleSelection && mods.isShiftDown() && lastRowSelected >= 0) { selectRangeOfRows (lastRowSelected, row); } else if (! mods.isPopupMenu()) { selectRowInternal (row, false, true, true); } }

Thanks!

I think this one is more better, it gives us the same behavior as Mac OS X Finder, iTunes and Windows Explorer, etc.

void ListBox::selectRowsBasedOnModifierKeys (const int row, const ModifierKeys& mods) { if (multipleSelection && mods.isCommandDown()) { flipRowSelection (row); } else if (multipleSelection && mods.isShiftDown() && lastRowSelected >= 0) { selectRangeOfRows (lastRowSelected, row); } else if ((!mods.isPopupMenu()) || (!isRowSelected(row))) { selectRowInternal (row, false, true, true); } } [/quote]

ah yes, that’s even better.

Thanks. :slight_smile:
Could you choose this solution in JUCE v1.46?

• Masa

Yes, no problem.