New error trying to compile JuceDemoPlugin with XCode 4.1

clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Developer/Extras/CoreAudio/AudioUnits/AUPublic/Utility/AUDebugDispatcher.cpp' clang: error: no input files Command /Developer/usr/bin/clang failed with exit code 1

anyone?

indeed, that file doesn’t exist, I confirm that.

Still no success
I really need to build on osx :frowning:

starting from the beginning, the main error isn’t the one I quoted above but this one:

[code]JuceDemoPlugin
/Users/julien/DATA/DEV/VST-PLUGINS/demo/Source/PluginEditor.h
/Users/julien/DATA/DEV/VST-PLUGINS/demo/Builds/MacOSX/…/…/Source/PluginEditor.h:40: warning: ‘JuceDemoPluginAudioProcessorEditor::delaySlider’ will be initialized after

/Users/julien/DATA/DEV/VST-PLUGINS/demo/Builds/MacOSX/…/…/Source/PluginEditor.h:38: warning: ‘juce::Label JuceDemoPluginAudioProcessorEditor::testLabel’

/Users/julien/DATA/DEV/VST-PLUGINS/demo/Source/PluginEditor.cpp
/Users/julien/DATA/DEV/VST-PLUGINS/demo/Builds/MacOSX/…/…/Source/PluginEditor.cpp:15: warning: when initialized here

/Users/julien/DATA/DEV/libsVST/vstsdk2.4/public.sdk/source/vst2.x/audioeffectx.cpp
/Users/julien/DATA/DEV/libsVST/vstsdk2.4/public.sdk/source/vst2.x/audioeffectx.cpp:307: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’

Command /Developer/usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2 failed with exit code 1[/code]

any charity for me …?
:mrgreen:

I’ve really no idea how you’re getting into such a mess! I haven’t yet moved to Xcode 4, but nobody else seems to be having any trouble with it (?)

ok
FIX FOUND !!!

Even if NOTHING complained about that, and because dave96 in http://rawmaterialsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7864 pointed me to that, I checked the Compile Sources in Target > Build Phases and …
There was AUDebugDispatcher.cpp … not included anywhere here.

I removed it and … magically … my AU has been created at the same time as my VST :slight_smile:

unfortunately, I did nothing to be at this point :-/
the fix was very basic, I didn’t even know this file was required by the xcode project (where would I have to see that ? I mean, in which log)

so, if all works now (cause my dsps are ready to be included in any vst/au skeleton), I’d buy you a license for commercial etc.

next step for me, testing my own gui elements which is totally another topic :slight_smile:

Hmm, I guess they’ve removed the AUDebugDispatcher file then?

Just checked it in my build, and I didn’t realise that it’s actually not needed - I’ll remove it from the introjucer so we can avoid this confusion in future!

[quote=“jules”]Hmm, I guess they’ve removed the AUDebugDispatcher file then?

Just checked it in my build, and I didn’t realise that it’s actually not needed - I’ll remove it from the introjucer so we can avoid this confusion in future![/quote]

I’m happy if my hours on that will help the others :slight_smile:

Thank you gluontronic for the hint!
I had the exact same issue after switching to Lion with XCode 4.2.1.