Open Mac project on PC

Hi

Im migrating stuff from my macbook to a PC. Projucer defaults to opening files with XCode and I cant find a way to use a different IDE. Any tips?

Thanks /Bo

Did you add a ā€œVisual Studioā€ target to your project? Youā€™ll need that target in the project to build it on Windows ā€¦ and you canā€™t really add it on MacOS, so its probably missing in your .jucer file. Add it as a new target, and then select it as your ā€˜current targetā€™ when you re-open the .jucer file in Projucer ā€¦

fyi you can add any target from macOS (and presumably any other platform running Projucer), am I missing something for you to have said ā€œyou canā€™t really add it on MacOSā€?

Iā€™ve personally never had any issue. I do all my development on macOS and use Azure Pipelines to build my Windows and Linux targets.

Oh, sure - you can add the targets on MacOS, and itā€™ll update the .jucer file to include the target. But Iā€™m yet to see Visual Studio 2019 running on MacOS. :slight_smile:

I think @daneriusā€™ issue is that he just doesnā€™t have the Windows-based targets added to his .jucer file yet ā€¦

1 Like