'Outdated' error when compiling new projucer!

Hello, When I get the latest Devleop. Trying to compile Projucer - I’m getting this error in many files because of…
#define JUCE_PROJUCER_VERSION 0x50405
In AppConfig.h

fatal error C1189: #error:  "This project was last saved using an outdated version of the Projucer! Re-save this project with the latest version to fix this error."

So to compile it, I simply change that define to 050406

Are you sure you’re on the latest develop and are compiling the Projucer from that folder? The JUCE_PROJUCER_VERSION define was bumped in this commit before the release:

Yeah. It’s a bit weird I just got the latest. I got it again just after posting and it’s now correct. I don’t understand, I guess it’s a "Github Desktop’ thing, although I suspect not. Oh well never mind. All sorted now, thanks for replying.

1 Like

I just had this problem trying out Juce 6, maybe because I had the Projucer open while switching branches. I ended up with a dirty working tree with some leftover 5.4.x stuff in it:

Untracked files:
  (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
	extras/Projucer/JuceLibraryCode/AppConfig.h

Cleaning it up made things happy.

I ended up with this error today.
I tried updating to the latest version of JUCE and resaving in projucer.
No dice.
I found a workaround which looks like this

/**
#if defined (JUCE_PROJUCER_VERSION) && JUCE_PROJUCER_VERSION < JUCE_VERSION
 /** If you've hit this error then the version of the Projucer that was used to generate this project is
     older than the version of the JUCE modules being included. To fix this error, re-save your project
     using the latest version of the Projucer or, if you aren't using the Projucer to manage your project,
     remove the JUCE_PROJUCER_VERSION define from the AppConfig.h file.

#error "This project was last saved using an outdated version of the Projucer! Re-save this project with the latest version to fix this error."
#endif
 */

If you’re updating to the latest JUCE version using git, you’ll need to recompile the Projucer. I’m not sure exactly what problems might be introduced by using mis-matched Projucer/JUCE library versions, but this warning is there for a reason. I don’t think it would be advisable to simply comment out the check…

Thanks yes,
You know restarting the computer and rebuilding and the error disappeared. I think after downloading the latest version of JUCE I actually had to restart. I tried saving and rebuilding after the download but needed to comment out the code to build. I agree probably not good practice!