PC VST3 to Mac

I want to transfer my PC VST3 plugin to Mac VST3 and/or other Mac format. My VST3 for PC is flawless and passes all tests. When I try to render it on Mac I get a lot of errors. Is C++ not implemented the same way on Mac as on PC? Is there a tutorial for doing this conversion? Thanks, Hans

When I try to render it on Mac I get a lot of errors

Did you see the the errors when you compile the code on macOS or when you test (e.g., in pluginval)? What does they look like?

Thanks for replying. I have sorted out the problems. It appears Xcode catches a lot more errors than Visual Studio. In this case it was “&& included in ||” and extraneous parenthesis that were flagged in Xcode but not in Visual Studio.

I still get the error: “Apple Mach-O Linker (Id Error)”, but I will start a new thread about this. Thanks again,
/Hans

Hello zsliu98, Do you have any advice on this?
I have created a VST3 for PC and I am now using the source files to create a Mac version in Xcode. I am receiving two “Apple Mach-O Linker (Id Error)” errors. What am I doing wrong? I attach a screenshot:

I have no idea what is happening. I have been using CMake and it works perfectly across platforms.
However, it seems that the error is raised by juce_audio_plugin_client_VST3.cpp itself. There might be something wrong with the Projucer or the plugin setup.

Thanks for taking a look!

/Hans

What version of juce are you running on your systems?

I had some similar errors porting over to an m1 mac a few months back. After updating juce on my windows pc and resaving the projucer file it went away on its own.

Basically my mac projucer was ahead of the projucer version on my windows set up.

Thanks,
Great suggestion! I will check this.

The JUCE version on PC is v5.4.5
The JUCE version on Mac is v5.4.5
They both have the build date 16 oct 2019
Xcode is version 11.3.1
Should I update both JUCE versions? Is there a risk of incompatibility with my old project? My PC is still on Windows 7.

Just to let you know. The error went away when I replaced JUCE 5.4.5 with a later version. For some reason it didn’t work with Xcode 11.3.1