Finally I am releasing my JUCE project, it wasn’t my original one but more of a side effect, will be useful for those who develop hosts or VST plugins and also as a JUCE source code example. It uses JUCE 1.8. Doing the Web and documentation was much harder than the code
It runs on Windows, I will be happy if someone will port it to the Mac (there is little Windows code in it), I can host the result on my site if needed.
Free, Open Source, VST API Monitoring and Logging Tool
Plugin Consultant makes it easier for VST plugin and host developers to debug their products and for new developers to learn how the VST API works.
With Plugin Consultant you can monitor and log VST API calls between your plugin and any host, between your host and any plugin or between any plugin and any host.
Plugin Consultant provides clear view of all communications between VST plugins and hosts:
- Shows what functions and op codes are called and how often
- Provides control of what functions and op codes are logged and with what details
- Generates detailed log, using standard Win32 OutputDebugString, can be viewed in your debugger or in any debug viewer
- Does not change plugin or host behavior Does not require the logged plugin or host to be compiled in Debug mode
- Can log plugins and hosts written in any language (the VST C API is logged), including plugins created with SynthEdit
- Can log plugins and hosts that will not agree to run under a debugger
- Works with plugins and hosts that use VST SDK version 2.3 or earlier