Plugin Host assert failure

I just upgraded from JUCE 4.2.2 to 4.2.3 and now I’m hitting an assertion failure in AudioProcessor::beginParameterChangeGesture.

When I try to move some of the sliders in my plugin, AudioProcessor::beginParameterChangeGesture says that the parameterIndex is out of range. I have 89 parameters but in that method, the parameterIndex is 1629 or something else, depending on what slider I try to move. I’m positive that I don’t have 1629 parameters.

I’ve tried running some other plugins by other manufacturers in Plugin Host and it seems to crash similarly depending on what slider is moved. But if I try running my plugin in MainStage, it’s fine.

This is rather odd. Any ideas out there?

Which other plugins did you try running. This would help reproduce the problem.

Sorry, now I can’t get any others to reproduce it. I might have been mistaken.

So, is the issue with the Plugin Host code? Or 4.2.3?

I’m not really sure and I’m having trouble reproducing this. Can you modify the code of the JuceDemoPlugin (or any other plug-in sample in JUCE) to re-produce this problem?

I just had Projucer save and export the Demo Plugin. Built the plugin and then ran Plugin Host. When I added the Demo Plugin, I got this message:

WARNING: 140: This application, or a library it uses, is using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting Audio Units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the API’s in AudioComponent.h.

As soon as I tried to move a rotary slider, I hit the same assert, “out of range parameter index”.

parameterIndex = (int) 3165055

When I did a “po getNumParameters();” in the debugger it returned 2.

Hi pizzafilms, thanks for spotting this bug. I’ve just released a hot-fix for this on master and develop.

Working well here. Thanks.