PopupMenu: Don't gain focus until Tab key press

Any idea on how to do this? I specifically want to have a popup menu when I'm typing in a text editor (similar to auto completion) and only gain focus when pressing the tac key. I've searched around on the forum and surprisingly didn't find anything.

Well searching for autocompletion leads me too this thread. I'll have to try out ListBox and ComboBox and see how they fit my needs. Any other suggestions are more than welcome

http://www.juce.com/forum/topic/non-modal-popupmenu

So I can't find a way to make the text editor keep focus when the drop down menu is shown. I've tried so many things, but nothing is working. I haven't messed with ListBox yet, but idk if it's the right tool for the job. I guess I'll have to try it anyways since nothing else is working. I know there has to be someone out there that has had this same problem and solved it. This kind of feature is a pretty common one (a text editor/label with a drop down menu that gets populated as you type).

Update:

So I finally gave ListBox a good run and created a custom Component that contains a TextEditor and a Listbox, and it's working pretty much exactly as I'd like it to work. I really just need to make my component (which I'm calling FuzzySearchBox) resize according to the number of items in the search box and it'll have most of the functionality I want. This was a long journey to find something that worked and I'm happy I finally found something. Maybe i"ll even make it pop up in a temporary window or something.