so far I put my custom modules inside the same folder where the juce modules reside. After update to JUCE version 5.4.1 I had to realize that the projucer doesn’t allow my custom modules to reside in the juce modules folder any longer.
I hope that the following steps help to reproduce the problem:
- I updated JUCE to version 5.4.1 and (re-) built the projucer.
- I created a “user_modules” folder beside the juce “modules” folder.
- I created a “user_dummy_module_1” and added it to the folder “user_modules”.
- I created a “user_dummy_module_2” and added it to the folder “modules”.
- I started the projucer an set the global paths:
- JUCE Modules --> “…/modules” and
- User Modules --> “…/user_modules”.
- I created a new Audio Plug-In in the projucer.
- I added my module via “+” --> “Add a Module” --> “Global user modules path” --> “user_dummy_module_1”.
- I tried to add my module via “+” --> “Add a Module” --> “Global JUCE modules path” --> “user_dummy_module_2”:
Strangely a file browser opened and I had to select the module manually:
After selecting it the module showed up in Modules list. But when I clicked on the item a red comment “Cannot find this module at the specified path!” appeared in the right panel:
- In contrast: When I click on the “user_dummy_module_1” (its files are located in the “custom_modules” folder) the details of the module appears in the right panel - as expected:
I am using Window 10 and built the projucer with VS2017.
Can anybody tell me if this is the “normal” behavior or did I do something wrong or is something wrong with the projucer?
Thanks in advance!