I’ve added a preliminary pull request to support Vorbis Comments and (the painstaking amount of) ID3 tags.
What has been done in this PR
- Resaved the JUCE Demo, and added OGG, FLAC and WMA reading support to it.
- Added a namespace to encapsulate Vorbis Comments and a tiny bit of functionality along with it.
- Added a namespace to encapsulate ID3 tags and a tiny bit of functionality along with it.
- Fixed a bug when enabling both OGG and FLAC: when trying to playback an OGG file,
FlacAudioFormatwas getting used to sample waveforms. Fixed by resorting the OGG/FLAC format order in the audio format manager.
- Added support for metadata reading in FLAC.
- Tidied up some data processing in FLAC.
- Removed unsupported sample rates in
FlacAudioFormat(see https://xiph.org/flac/format.html#frame_header )
What needs to be added
- MP3 ID3 tag support. (Can’t seem to find any details on this…)
- AIFF ID3 tag support. (Can’t seem to find any details on this…)
- Writing the tags, and testing the results, using all supported codecs.
- Unit tests?
Componentthat lists out all of an audio file’s metadata should be added to the JUCE Demo. Would be handy…
- I removed the existing OGG metadata keys… this breaks compatibility with JUCE, but none of those tags were official. Probably worthwhile putting them back in my PR - easily done - just making that change visible here.