Push Notifications warning when uploading to new app store

Hi, got this when uploading to the new app store:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature’s entitlements do not include the “aps-environment” entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the “aps-environment” entitlement. Xcode 8 does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor’s Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file. For more information, see https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/RemoteNotificationsPG/HandlingRemoteNotifications.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008194-CH6-SW1.

Don’t think this is anything I’ve done - does something need updating Projucer wise?

thx

Does your app have Push Notifications Capability enabled in the Projucer’s iOS exporter?

Hi, yes. As far as I’m aware nothing has changed on my side and I’ve not seen this warning before. Just seems to have coincided with the first time I’ve sent an app to the store after the iOS 12 release, and I presume the new store?

OK, tagging @lukasz.k who may know more…

Hey @leehu. Could you double check that all is fine in Capabilities tab in Xcode?

Also, in your developer portal, are notifications enabled for the same app ID?

Hi. Ah, I see this:

I’ve clicked fix and will see if that fixes the issue next upload - any idea what might have caused that to be in error?

Ok. Not sure, perhaps a bug in Xcode10 when opening a project for the first time? Keep us posted if you find out more!

1 Like