Reading files outside the sandboxed AUv3 iOS

With a sandboxed AUv3 it’s possible to load files from the public local and cloud folders with the native file browser.
Is it possible to read-access those folders also from the AUv3 with JUCE code? I don’t want to write files, just read.

The following points to the sandboxed directory in the AUv, but I want to have read-access to the same directory as the standalone app:
File::getSpecialLocation(File::SpecialLocationType::userDocumentsDirectory)

I know about App Groups, but I thought maybe it’s possible to skip this when I only want to read files. Why shouldn’t we have any access to these folders, while the native file browser can do this?

Ok, it looks like this isn’t possible. I have to accept that there is no way to read-access the local public folders from within the AUv3 code. Only the super-powers of the iOS native file browser can do this…

Edit: On the other side, the native iOS file browser in the AUv3 can’t access our sandbox data. The situation could not be worse. You could expect that the file browser inherent the permissions of the caller application. This isn’t the case here.