Ready to help

Hello everyone,

we are two friends and know JUCE and C++ well. we have plenty of free time on the machine and we would like to help anyone who’s writing open source application. Even we won’t mind if that help is kind of tedious code writing or documenting already written code or any kind of work around JUCE and C++…

So, let me know if anyone is interested in our contribution of work.

Where you are located?
What are your prices?

Please PM me with your experiance in JUCE. The projects you have worked on?

Hi Happy …

I am located in India, And frankly speaking we have not write here to get money or so, It’s just because we like to work and contribute to open source, And may be also a help too.

I have contributed to following project which is open source and Juce based.
http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9783

Else than this projects I have also worked on few other applications that has used Juce very well, But sorry i can not discuss all that here. I am also not that pro programmer but I can do well, with proper guidance ;-).

And about money or price, really it does not matter much to us, But still if you like the work and felt to give us anything we will accept whatever you will offer.

Hi!
What about picking up where we left from with the Juced project?

http://code.google.com/p/juced/

This project contains a lot of nice additions to Juce and also a great set of audio plugins.
And there’s also Jost in it (a modular host for plugins).
I made a Juce module containing the Juced library, if you want you could update it to the tip, it’s in the download page :slight_smile:
I would really love to contribute further with this project, but sadly my daily job doesn’t give me any free time (after 10 hours of coding my head starts to spin).

Hey MassHacker …

It sounds a nice to go on with it, Sure I have seen juced project before, but not much went into it, But now it seems time to get into it, We are not that great and such expert like you, but with your guidance sure we will work it out…

Does this mean, the current Juced you sent is not up to date with Latest Juce, and we have to update it to match up with the Juce2 ? If that is the meaning of wht you said. We can start up with that thing…

But please brief us, from and how can we start it up ?

Yes, the Juced module needs to be updated, I think you could start from there.
I believe it should already work with the “official” juce 2.0, but it would be better if it worked also with the “tip” (the version of juce that can be found on git).
After that you could use the module in Introjucer, and re-create the projects for Jost with it.
PM if you need help :wink:

Pm’d :slight_smile:

If I let you remotely access my machine, can you configure my VS2010 Express, Juce and VSTSDK to actually compile a simplest of projects without errors?
I can’t even compile the included Introjucer. I get million errors C2555 like this:

c:\juce\extras\introjucer\source\project\jucer_Project.h(280): error C2555: 'Project::getDocumentTitle': overriding virtual function return type differs and is not covariant from 'juce::FileBasedDocument::getDocumentTitle' 1> c:\juce\modules\juce_gui_extra\documents/juce_FileBasedDocument.h(229) : see declaration of 'juce::FileBasedDocument::getDocumentTitle'

Opps . Sorry I was not seeing much out juce from last few days, But Hope I can help.
I just saw your message. Sure If i can help by taking remote machine …

I haven’t worked with vstsdk, But surely can work out somehow for Juce and vs2010 … And can get it working, Also I will try for vstsdk and let you know, If I am success in configuring it on my machine, Will help you with that too…

Pm me the details, for which we can work on.

[quote=“thuneau”]If I let you remotely access my machine, can you configure my VS2010 Express, Juce and VSTSDK to actually compile a simplest of projects without errors?
I can’t even compile the included Introjucer. I get million errors C2555 like this:

c:\juce\extras\introjucer\source\project\jucer_Project.h(280): error C2555: 'Project::getDocumentTitle': overriding virtual function return type differs and is not covariant from 'juce::FileBasedDocument::getDocumentTitle' 1> c:\juce\modules\juce_gui_extra\documents/juce_FileBasedDocument.h(229) : see declaration of 'juce::FileBasedDocument::getDocumentTitle'[/quote]