Serious issues getting JUCE started

I’m having a really hard time getting JUCE up and running. I feel like I haven’t done anything yet and anything I try to open throws errors about being unable to locate windows.h and the like. Please help!! I don’t even know what questions to ask yet! It all began when I tried to open the AudioPluginHost…

To be clear, it is throwing errors Filtergraph.cpp: ‘corecrt.h’ file not found and all sorts of similar file not found errors for other.cpp files.

In which program are you trying to do all this? Projucer itself isn’t meant to build complicated projects like the Audio Plugin Host, you need to use Visual Studio on Windows. Visual Studio itself also needs to have some installation options enabled so that it works with JUCE which may not be chosen by default.

Thanks so much for your swift reply! As you can probably tell I’m a bit of a noob. On that note, I did try compiling the program in Visual Studio and was having varous issues. Something about a windows SDK? Not able to act on this at the moment unfortunately as I’m updating Visual Studio as we speak. Any likely causes that I haven’t done properly. I’ve been doing my best to follow the tutorials on this site. Thanks again for your help.

These are the Visual Studio 2017 installation options that have worked for me (there may be some unneeded options enabled) :

1 Like

Awesome thank you mate, I’ll let you know how I go with those settings when i wake up tomorrow!!