setSize breaks auval

This is a strange one.

I’m attempting to build an AU of my plug-in and have to successfully validate on auval, but I’m seeing this error:
2024-01-04 09:15:29.038 auvaltool[12804:1220238] Error: Failed to connect to remote view because of Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection to service created from an endpoint was invalidated from this process." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection to service created from an endpoint was invalidated from this process.}

I tracked it down to setSize(600, 400) in my editor’s constructor, which is something that works and successfully validates in the AUv3SynthPlugin example, so I’m incredibly confused on what I borked.

I really wanted to debug this in the auvaltool executable, but I’m also having trouble setting that up, so that’s the end of my info. I have it set to debug the executable with the arguments of “-v aumu Yhxo Manu” (the tag that shows up for auval -a), but it just reports “Finished running auvaltool” and I never see anything; no crash, no nothing.

If anybody has information on either of those things, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.