Signing error at build for my first example for IOS

Hello,
with Juce 7, I try to build a (personnal) application for IOS. I try first with “WidgetsDemo” that i open on projucer.
Then XCode gives me the error "Signing for “WidgetsDemo - App” requires a development team. Is it necessary ? What can i do?
Thanks,

Hi,

You can sign your app with your personal Apple ID by following these steps:

Note that with a personal account, the app will only be available on the iOS device you install it to for 7 days. If you want to continue using it, you will need to reinstall it every week. This is a limitation set by Apple for non-paying Apple Developer program members.

I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot. And this is for our personal device only? We can not distribute the application to friend’s device for example?
(It seems that there is no these restrictions with android)

I am not sure if it’s legally permitted by Apple to deploy apps signed this way to other people’s devices, so you will need to look into that. However, technically, you can install the app on your friend’s phone too from Xcode, as long as it’s connected to your Mac (via USB or over WiFi).

If you want to push updates and new apps remotely to others, you’ll need to enroll in the Apple Developer Program. Then, you can push updates over the air via TestFlight, even without releasing your app on the Store.