[SOLVED]Can't compile Juce on Windows

Hello everybody!

I Apologised if this question have been already asked, I searched but I didn't found the anwser.

I can't compile Juce on windows, I'm working on codeblock ( the team software...) but I having some erros in CharacterFunctions.h

"C:\Users\Simo\Desktop\IntroJucerTest\ReadMidi\Midi\Source\..\JuceLibraryCode\modules\juce_audio_basics\..\juce_core\text\juce_CharacterFunctions.h|353|error: 'ssize_t' was not declared in this scope|"

C:\Users\Simo\Desktop\IntroJucerTest\ReadMidi\Midi\Source\..\JuceLibraryCode\modules\juce_audio_basics\..\juce_core\text\juce_CharacterFunctions.h|354|error: 'maxBytes' was not declared in this scope|

Here my juce folder,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejx8nhga0sdpkxt/IntroJucerTest.zip?dl=0

I'm only trying to compile the juce main file generated by IntroJucer right now.

Thank you

Best regards

Goldiman

Sounds like stupidness in whatever version of mingw you're using - ssize_t should be available in any decent C++ standard library.

Hi

Thank you for answer, Sorry if the question sounds stupid but what version of mingw should I use? 

Thank you

Best regards!

Goldiman

Edit: I did what you suggested change compiler, I choose Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 but I have these issues

http://i.imgur.com/UTxyaZT.png

lnk2019 unresolved external symbol

What should I do ?

Thank you

If you're using VC, please use the VC projects directly! If you try using codeblocks to build via the VC compiler, you're off-piste in terms of the kind of setup I've actually tested myself.

Thank you ! I managed to make it work on visual studio 2013 :D

But I still having an issue the synthesisers of the demo, it doesn't produce any sound? Any idea why?

Thank you 

Best regards 

Goldiman

Not enough info to answer that question. Could be a million different reasons why you're not hearing anything..

Thank you for your answer.

I know this is vague... What Can I do to help you to understand my issue?

When I launch the demo app click on Synthesisers, I check my windows volume manager , put the volume at the maximum but I don't hear anything when i click on the piano keyboard and when I go to volume mixer I don't see the Juce Demo app.

Thank you

Best regards

Hard to say - you could look at the audio device settings on that page of the demo app. Most likely you just have a strange device set-up and it's playing out of a channel that's not connected to anything.

Nothing to say, except Thank you !

Work great

Have a nice day!

I will probably come back for a question later ^^ but this issue is solved !