THIS Wednesday: London Audio Developer Meet-up: SOUL

Our ninth London Audio Developer Meet-up will be held on Wednesday, the 9th of January at CodeNode, London.

@jules and @cesare (ROLI) will give an overview of the SOUL language and why we think it’s the future of audio. We’ll also show some example code and welcome discussion and feedback on the language and architecture of the project.

Julian Storer - Well I guess there is no need to introduce @jules, but here I go anyway: jules has been a C++ programmer since the early 1990s, working mainly in audio technology. He’s best-known for creating the Tracktion DAW and the C++ library JUCE, which has been used for over a decade in thousands of commercial and open-source audio products. Now with ROLI, he continues to work on JUCE as well as other ROLI products.

Cesare Ferrari - With over 25 years C++ software development experience, @cesare has worked in a wide range of industries, from safety critical systems through low latency trading to audio plugin development. He is currently working with Jules on the design and implementation of the SOUL programming language and runtime.

:pizza: There will be pizza :pizza:

!! Please remember that CodeNode now requires you to register at the event page here. !!

Fabian

8 Likes

Will there be any kind of video recording of this session? Thanks.

Yes, the event will be recorded.

2 Likes

The registration page is now live:

1 Like

@fabian @jb1 would really love a hint on February meetup date: coming from Italy & trying to fit work commitments together with being able to be at the meetup.

( at the moment I’m gonna bet on Wed 2/6. I’m feeling lucky & need to get planes :wink:)

All the best
M

Hi @fefanto, the next meetup is scheduled for Tuesday the 5th of February. However, we have no confirmed speaker as of now so it might not take place.

Of course, if anybody on the forum would like to speak about their favourite pet project etc. then feel free to contact me!!

3 Likes

Is any video of the event available now ?

Yes, it always appears on the “codenode event” page, not on the meetup page.

1 Like

OK ! Thanks.

Is the Meetup happening tonight? I’ve not seen anything on the Meetup page and I know a speaker was being looked for ^^

No sorry no meetup tonight. The next one will be on the 5th of March.