Title / Action bar / Screen dimming

setFullScreen (true);

I have setFullScreen for android and iOS, how do I also hide the title on Android as well as the "action bar/menu"? I'd also like to keep the screen from dimming as well. Under iOS, none of these seem to be an issue.

I presume there is a Juce way to do these things, before I try to muck with the android output from Juce...

Joel

Don't think I've implemented those things on android yet, sorry!

You can hide android activity title by adding the android:theme attribute to application tag in your AndroidManifest.xml.

<application android:label="@string/app_name" android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Light.NoTitleBar">
    <activity android:name="YourApplication" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation">
      <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
      </intent-filter>
    </activity>
  </application>

Notice the android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Light.NoTitleBar" attribute in the code above.

Also you can hide JUCE window title bar by using ResizableWindow class instead of DocumentWindow:

class MainWindow : public ResizableWindow
{
public:
	MainWindow()  : ResizableWindow ("Your window title", Colours::lightgrey, true)
	{	
		Component* ownedComponent = 
			new YourMainComponent();

setContentOwned (ownedComponent, true);
		setVisible (true);
		setFullScreen(true);
		ownedComponent->grabKeyboardFocus();
	}

/* ... */
}

also, add this before `setContentView' in your java activity,

viewHolder.setKeepScreenOn(true);

prevents it dimming on timeout.

Can we have this as an Introjucer option for Android projects please? I dont mind submitting a pull request but it should be a very simple addition.

viewHolder.setKeepScreenOn(true);

Thanks

For anyone searching for this you can also now set the theme in the Android settings in Introjucer. 

Hi adamski,

Desktop::setScreenSaverEnabled is now implemented on the latest tip!

Fabian

Great, thank you for such a speedy and positive response :)