Treeview and indentation

hi,

it would be great if we could have a flag on TreeViewItem to hide the plus-minus and get the extra space to draw the item.

it make sense to avoid double indentation (standard indent + absence of +/-) when all the subItems are leaf nodes.

see for example the difference between Leopard’s Finder left panel and the standard Finder TreeView.

Yes, good idea!

any news about this?

No, too busy!

hi,

I’ve had a similar problem recently with a custom FileTreeView

in the examples below, I’d like to use the folder icons to open/close items

1. in this first example, I used drawTreeViewPlusMinus to draw the folder icon with a custom drawFileBrowserRow which doesn’t use icons:

in this example I have the same kind of double indent effect mentionned previously, because I can’t use the space that would be used by drawTreeViewPlusMinus() for files. The consequence is that folders and files at the same level doesn’t appear as such anymore.

2. I’ve made a second example where I use drawTreeViewPlusMinus for what it’s meant to be. and a simple variation on drawFileBrowserRow

here files and folders that are at the same level are aligned correctly, but now I’d like to get rid of the open/close arrows.

both of these solutions come close to what I want, but in both cases I’m not happy 100%happy with the output, what are my options?

I propose to:

• move some of the code in paintRecursively into a new virtual method to allow more customisation
  • give access to the full row width during paintItem with hints about indentation and open/close area
  • separate the indent-size from the open/close handle box size.

what do you think?

bump

Keep bumping… I’ll find time for this eventually!