Tutorials available

hi everyone,

i am new to juce and c++
are there site distributing some tutorials of juce?
please give me…
I can’t even build juce with vc6…some advice please…

tnx
:shock:

haydxn’s got some tutorials on his site - there’s a sticky post about it at the top of this forum, I think.

What’s going wrong when you try to compile with VC6? Have you followed the instructions in the juce/docs/readme.html file?

[quote=“jules”]haydxn’s got some tutorials on his site - there’s a sticky post about it at the top of this forum, I think.

What’s going wrong when you try to compile with VC6? Have you followed the instructions in the juce/docs/readme.html file?[/quote]

ya it wont compile in vc6 but in devcpp it succeeded…

yes i got haydxn’s and tanx to him i learned some…

i have another question,

1. Is there no difference between left and right click?
    It seems ugly that when you right click a button or
    any other components, it will respond the same.
    Or do we have to code some to behave it differently?
    It will also(right click) do as left click when you drag,
    e.g. drag a window.

2. Is there a way of dynamic image loading?
    meaning: like in java, it calls image on an image file,
    and if we have to change the image, we could change
    the image directly…
    Or I have just not explored your software yet?

:o

So what was the problem with vc6? I always test it with vc6 so I know it works, but if there’s something I should add to the compiling instructions to make things clearer, I’d like to know.

Obviously left and right clicks can be made to do anything you want, but why would a button behave differently with different mouse buttons? It’d be an appaling bit of UI design if the user had two different functions on the same button! (And remember those mac users with one button)

And don’t really understand what you’re trying to explain about the images…?

hey guys :slight_smile: this is the first time i’ve logged on here in a while, and i’m astonished at the awesome new juce features :smiley: well done and thanks jules!

regarding the tutorials, i’ve been enjoying a big break from all things that i’ve been doing non-stop for the past three years. it’s nice to have had some time to do some drawing and also a lot of absolutely nothing…

but hopefully soon i’ll get back into it all. i’m just going to finish up a bunch of pictures and bundle them off to some publishers to see if there’s any interest, then i’m going to get back to ‘the other thing i’m any good at’, which is coding with juce! and what better way to get back into it than by writing the tutorial? :slight_smile: i’ve a lot of catching up to do tho :’(

[quote=“haydxn”]hey guys :slight_smile: this is the first time i’ve logged on here in a while, and i’m astonished at the awesome new juce features :smiley: well done and thanks jules!

regarding the tutorials, i’ve been enjoying a big break from all things that i’ve been doing non-stop for the past three years. it’s nice to have had some time to do some drawing and also a lot of absolutely nothing…

but hopefully soon i’ll get back into it all. i’m just going to finish up a bunch of pictures and bundle them off to some publishers to see if there’s any interest, then i’m going to get back to ‘the other thing i’m any good at’, which is coding with juce! and what better way to get back into it than by writing the tutorial? :slight_smile: i’ve a lot of catching up to do tho :’([/quote]

a frog book on the cards? I’d buy it.

i’m hoping for a frog book, for sure. here’s a sample hi-res image from the collection i’m compiling to be sent off. magnetic frogs

your off your fucking head, but I love it.