Unknown Type Name 'VSTPluginFormat'

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make a VST plugin that can load and connect VST's in a graph.  I'm having a bit of trouble loading in the plugins from the default VST directory and was hoping someone can help.

Eventually, I'll implement a saved plugin list (like in the JUCE host), but for now, I'm just trying to get the basic functionality working.  I want to scan the default VST directory when the plugin is created and populate a knownPluginList owned by my PluginProcessor class.

I'm trying to specify which format a pluginDirectoryScanner is supposed to scan for (I want it to scan the default VST directory).  For some reason, when I try and specify that the format I'd like to search for is a VSTPluginFormat, I get this error:  Unknown Type Name 'VSTPluginFormat'; did you mean 'AudioPluginFormat'?

I'm relatively new to JUCE and have no idea why I'm getting this error.  I have a feeling its something small and probably obvious, but I can't figure out what it is.  

AudioPluginFormat* const format = new VSTPluginFormat();

FileSearchPath path = format->getDefaultLocationsToSearch();

scanner = new PluginDirectoryScanner (knownPluginList, format, path,

true, File::nonexistent);

String currentPlugBeingScanned;

while(scanner->scanNextFile(true, currentPlugBeingScanned)){}

Thanks in advance for any help!

The solution to this issue turns out to be the same solution to the other problem I had yesterday.

To solve this problem, I went to the juce_audio_processors module in the introjucer and enabled JUCE_PLUGINHOST setting for VST (I don’t need the others at the moment). This setting enabled the area of the module code which I needed to access VSTPluginFormat. It was set to default by default, and as a result I got the behavior described above until I changed the setting.

1 Like