Vector Graphics in Juce

Hello everyone, I would design in “vector graphics” a project like this:

I would like to know if it is possible in Juce and in case what class/methods/tools to use.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

whether you use juce or not, your problem is the same; how to get this same look.

your problems are the lighting on the knobs looking real as they turn and the fonts. You could consider using a very large bitmap and only scale down, if you have it. This way is easier, but you lose the texture detail when scaled down.

Otherwise you could remake the whole thing. this is the hardest way, but produces the best result. you would take samples of the texture to use for area fills and trace the lines and regions manually in illustrator or inkscape. Then try to find the fonts used. Photoshop is great for this because you can fiddle about with font spacing until it fits over the original, then convert the letters used to vectors so your product does not require the original fonts.

the lighting on the knobs is the killer. if you do this as a drawing, it just wont look 100% right because the light has to be right whatever the position of the knobs and you dont have that information in the picture.

The only way to produce a photoreal result is to model the whole thing in 3D and use OpenGL lighting. you still need the above techniques to re-create the surface except now you use your vector description to actually create a huge texture for OGL. This is because the original picture is already lit and the only way to create a non-lit texture is from your own recreation.

if you go the long route, you can also create any other model variations quite easily.

hope that helps,
– hugh.

[quote=“hugh”]whether you use juce or not, your problem is the same; how to get this same look.

your problems are the lighting on the knobs looking real as they turn and the fonts. You could consider using a very large bitmap and only scale down, if you have it. This way is easier, but you lose the texture detail when scaled down.

Otherwise you could remake the whole thing. this is the hardest way, but produces the best result. you would take samples of the texture to use for area fills and trace the lines and regions manually in illustrator or inkscape. Then try to find the fonts used. Photoshop is great for this because you can fiddle about with font spacing until it fits over the original, then convert the letters used to vectors so your product does not require the original fonts.

the lighting on the knobs is the killer. if you do this as a drawing, it just wont look 100% right because the light has to be right whatever the position of the knobs and you dont have that information in the picture.

The only way to produce a photoreal result is to model the whole thing in 3D and use OpenGL lighting. you still need the above techniques to re-create the surface except now you use your vector description to actually create a huge texture for OGL. This is because the original picture is already lit and the only way to create a non-lit texture is from your own recreation.

if you go the long route, you can also create any other model variations quite easily.

hope that helps,
– hugh.[/quote]

Thank you very much, you helped me a lot.

So I can use Juce and Open GL / Open GL ES together and after a lot of effort to be able to have similar layouts?

I was just looking for a way to have a single language for graphics that was fine on Win, MacOS, iOS and Android so you do not rewrite the code several times.

I am new to this field, I have never done graphics. I need help :mrgreen: