Visual studio 2013 - slow performance

I have tried everything I can find in the web to speed things up in VS 2013.

like:

- adjusting: "Automatically adjust visual experience based on client performance" check box.

- deleting : C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebSiteCache

- Current source control plug-in to None

- remove this option by unchecking the checkbox: Tools -> Options -> Environment-Synchronized Settings

but VS 2013 has still a very slow compiling performance. Any suggestion?

I haven't seen this one in a while, but I have seen it in the past. Try a quick test with virus/malwre checking disabled.

Also, how are catagorizing 'slow compiling'? Is it an issue with any usage of VS2013, or just your JUCE projects?

It uses a lot of memory when compiling - perhaps you don't have enough RAM and it's thrashing your virtual memory?

@Cpr. The antivirus/malware deactivation seems to help but its still very slow (40-50 sec).

Compiling the same project in Xcode takes around 5-6 sec on a 2 year older laptop.

Btw. I only have tested with JUCE projects.

@Jules I don't think its the RAM, got 16 gb installed.

Well, Clang is generally faster, but I've never found MSVC to be particularly terrible, even running it in a VM.

A typical build time for juce demo with vs2013 on an i7 4790 4GHz proc with ssd is around 20 seconds.

On i5 2550k 3.3GHz and vs 2012 it takes a bit longer, 40 seconds.

The amount of memory isn't important, 4GB would be enough, usage stays around 3.3GB