Weirdness with VS2005/vc8

Hello Everyone…

first post here :slight_smile: hiya jules and others :wink:

[list]

[] I build Juce without any problems after setting many of the macro defines to zero (no flac, ogg, opengl, …). The build process goes without problems and makes me a 20MB jucelib_static_Win32_debug.lib.
[/
]
[] I put …/juce/ is in the the global include path and …/juce/bin/ in the library path.
[/
]
[] I create a new (console) program and set the runtime to the same ( Multi-threaded Debug (/MTd) ).
[/
][/list]

I rebuild all and I get a shitload of linker warnings, most of them like:

jucelib_static_Win32_debug.lib(jddctmgr.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'M:\Development\installs\juce\bin\jucelib_static_Win32_debug.lib' or at 'm:\Development\*********\Debug\vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

I add a breakpoint in main( ), hit F5 and… none of my breakpoints is heeded, execution just continues.

any ideas?

• bram

Hi Bram.

Sounds like an odd problem. Must just be a build setting somewhere, but I can’t think what it might be. Perhaps you need to add a library to the ‘ignore’ list?

I figured it out…

I’m using vmware fusion and all my source code was on a virtual folder (i.e. a folder on the host machine). For some reason this created very strange problems. I think it’s got something to do with filenames not being handled exactly the same as on a local disk.

Anyway, put everything in the “local” disk (how local is a virtual machine anyway :wink: ) and it’s all going fine and dandy again.

• bram

[quote=“bram”]I figured it out…

I’m using vmware fusion and all my source code was on a virtual folder (i.e. a

• bram[/quote]

Hi Bram,

I am hitting the same issue. I asked on MSDN forums. In that post you will find a good workaround - put only $(IntDir) on local disk - that’s what I use, I have bad feeling when source code is inside a VM and not accessible when VM is off; also bad feeling when binaries are in VM - what if I needed to send them quickly to someone for demo?

In that post, you will also find a link to official bug report I made to VS team, it would be great if you (and everyone else who is hitting this bug) voted for the issue there, then there would be better chance that Microsoft will fix the problem.