I’m working on my first ARA plugin and I’m not sure if my plugin isn’t working or some DAWs just don’t support ARA. Is there a list of DAWs that support ARA and in which edition / version?
So far I’ve found Logic does not support ARA on ARM but does on Intel. Reaper supports ARA. It seems often the lower tier of a DAW doesn’t support ARA but the Pro version does.
There is a list on Wikipedia:
Based on the above I’ll try to update it (as the forum not allowing me to edit super old posts):
- Studio One 4 (ARA2/1), Studio One 3/2.5 (ARA1)
- Logic X 10.4.3 (ARA2)
- REAPER 5.97 (ARA2)
- Cubase 10, Nuendo 10 (ARA2)
- Tracktion Waveform (ARA1) - Since v10 - ARA2
- Cakewalk/Bandlab SONAR (ARA1) - (seems like) Since 2019.5 - ARA2
- MAGIX Sanplitude (ARA1) - Since X5 - ARA2
- Acoustica Mixcraft (ARA1) - Since 7.4 - ARA2
- Pro Tools (ARA2) - Announced, no full 3P support yet
- JUCE since 7.0 has Host/Plug-In support for ARA2.
I’ll try to keep this updated as possible.
@juce_team - would be nice to have an ARA category maybe?