What is you workflow in GUI Design with Jucer?

I understood The Jucer could help a lot

What is the best practices workflow with it ?

I mean, can we use it to place the global parts on our panels, then including the result in our project, testing the result by building the project and then coming back to the jucer ?

The missing parts for me are:

• how to go from The Jucer to the .cpp & .h ? (which part of code to paste where?)
  • should I have to modify the code “pasted” in order to use binarydata / imagecache for instance or stacked images in a png, depending on the needs ? or does the code coming from the jucer is already built ??
  • can we come back to the jucer without to have to reinvent the wheel/remake all, each time ?

all infos/tips would be VERY appreciated :slight_smile:

isn’t it useful?

hey… that Jucer juices well!

any tips would be really nice :slight_smile:

Your questions are somehow confused, really :wink:
Why don’t you just use the Jucer ( i think you don’t mean the introjucer which is a complete different tool) and see what it does?

• how to go from The Jucer to the .cpp & .h ? (which part of code to paste where?)
    Eh? the Jucer generates cpp and h files! If you edit them only between the [ ] -tags you can also reopen/resave them, the code between the tags will be untouched. Why do you want to paste something?

• should I have to modify the code “pasted” in order to use binarydata / imagecache for instance or stacked images in a png, depending on the needs ? or does the code coming from the jucer is already built ??
    What do you want? Maybe this question is easier to answer.

I’m very sorry about the confusion

I want to design a gui and I’m trying to find the smoothest workflow.
So I think about The Jucer as a sketcher, to make the global skeleton.
And then, I think about taking the code produced (cpp + h) to put it somewhere.

for the second question you quoted, I just wanted to ask about how to use those 2 files produced .
indeed, if I need to use stacked png rendered by knobman, should I basically use only The Jucer to link them and place them, OR should I use another way.

It is confused because I am.
It would be so easy for someone understanding that to gives me a little list in 5 points with the road to walk.
And I have energy to work & explore :slight_smile:

I’d say the easiest thing is to create your project with the Introjucer firstly. Then whenever you need a new visual Component, use the Jucer to design the layout and adding widgets etc. You can import the files created (source and header) into the introjucer then. When you save the Introjucer project, your Visual Studio/Xcode project should have these files included as well.

You can have the Introjucer include your resource files (it will convert them to binary files automatically) as well, so the code can access them that way too. I think you might need to create your own filmstrip slider/knob component however, I could be wrong though.

[quote=“Anima”]I’d say the easiest thing is to create your project with the Introjucer firstly. Then whenever you need a new visual Component, use the Jucer to design the layout and adding widgets etc. You can import the files created (source and header) into the introjucer then. When you save the Introjucer project, your Visual Studio/Xcode project should have these files included as well.

You can have the Introjucer include your resource files (it will convert them to binary files automatically) as well, so the code can access them that way too. I think you might need to create your own filmstrip slider/knob component however, I could be wrong though.[/quote]

thanks a lot for your answer/experience :slight_smile:

I’m okay with the iteration with introjucer, including progressively all what we need.
I didn’t even know Introjucer converted to binary…

thanks a lot.

I have to dig further for the step on “how include that in the main cpp”