Xcconfig

There’s a typo in the .xcconfig file with JUCE 1.29. Currently, it reads:

SDK_ROOT_ppc

but it should be:

SDKROOT_ppc

oh, ok. Thanks matt, I’ll change it.

Please fix this…

I don’t want my colleague to fix this lines on every new Juce release… :cry:

And also, we can’t write comments in the xcconfig file. If there are some lines the preprocessor can’t recognize, all of the settings are ignored. So please write these lines ONLY.

GCC_VERSION_ppc = 3.3 MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET_ppc = 10.3 SDKROOT_ppc = /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk

And please specify the “Mac OS X 10.4 (Universal)” for Cross-Develop Using Target SDK in the project setting instead of “Current Mac OS”.

This is very important to build universal binary application.

Best regards,
Masanao Hayashi
Korg Inc.

I’ve been playing around with this a bit more, and this seems a good xcconfig to use. Does it work for you?

ARCHS = ppc i386 SDKROOT = /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk GCC_VERSION_ppc = 3.3 MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET_ppc = 10.3 OTHER_LD_FLAGS_ppc = /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk/usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3/libstdc++.a SDKROOT_ppc = /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk

Yeah, it was fine for me. :slight_smile:

Masa

[quote=“jules”]
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET_ppc = 10.3
OTHER_LD_FLAGS_ppc = /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk/usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3/libstdc++.a
SDKROOT_ppc = /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk
[/code][/quote]

If I understand correctly, if I want my stuff to be backward compatible, (e.g. 10.2.8 ) I have to include these lines.
Where do I get the SDK for 10.2.8 - I had a look on the Apple developers site for 10.2.8 SDK but only found a bunch of Debug stuff. Am I looking in the wrong place?

They come with XCode, I think (?)…

Some did… (I appear to have 2) - There’s a good change I was offered to install others but I didn’t take them up (thinking of keeping it simple to start with)
Ta- I’ll look under xcode