Xcode 15 syntax highlight, code completion and dev experience

Hello,

I am trying to develop on Xcode 15, compilation of a plugin and development works. I can comile run and debug.

But the developer experience is terrible, i have no syntax highlight, no autocomplete, no jump to declaration, show documentation, refactorings, etc.

• Is this to be expected when developing for a JUCE generated project or am I doing something wrong?

• Do you use xcode to develop or only to compile? If another IDE/environment what is your setup?

Sorry I am an apple dev, new to JUCE and in general audio development
Thank you

I am not familiar with Xcode IDE (perhaps there is a solution). Here is what CLion shows me (I am using CLion Nova on macOS):

2 Likes

looks like this was a problem introduced in 15.3 - people going back to 15.2 has solved the issue.

3 Likes

ahh dang, i just installed it to solve compiling issue with 12.0 , ok i’ll downgrade, thanks

Thanks, i hope to make it work with xcode, since I’ll need integration with Swift code, would be neat, in negative case i guess i’ll try out with CLion

I’m coding on VSCode, but sometimes need XCode. Till this day haven’t be able to get error highlighting: Question for the Xcode Pros :confused: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yess it worked thanks so much!

So for future reference, Xcode 15.0, 15.1 and 15.3 won’t cut it, use explicitly Xcode 15.2

1 Like