This rant isn’t directly related to JUCE, except that I’m using Xcode in JUCE based C++ projects.
Since updating to Xcode 9:
- Out-of-date compilation errors linger for minutes. Sometimes these errors appear mid-typing, before I finished typing the line, and just stay there.
- Often I don’t get compiler warnings, when I should. They randomly appear and disappear for no reason whatsoever.
- Building, especially the linking stage, feels super-slow.
- Searching text in the project takes me to the wrong places - the search string isn’t there at all!
- Jump to symbol pauses for ~5 seconds before it jumps to the symbol.
Do you guys get the same impression?
Are folks using other tools on macOS, like CLion or Projucer’s live build? Do you recommend the tools you’re using? I guess I’ll probably try CLion…
(on macOS 10.13 here on a relatively new 2.9GHz i5 2016 MacBook Pro!)