2 requests: FreeType on Windows and a RichTextEditor

Just upgraded my PC to Windows 10 and I sadly found that the normal text which JUCE rendered still too blurry. It’s even worse than on Windows 7… Every application’s UI text on my PC all looks clearly and beatifully except the apps made of JUCE. So my first request is:

PLEASE GIVE US A CLEARLY TEXT!!! MY EYES HURT ON JUCE’S TEXT!!! PLEASE SUPPORT FREETYPE ON WINDOWS!!!

The second request is a RichTextEditor. maybe a MarkdownRender class is a optional choice…

Have you tried to disable DirectWrite on the graphics module in the Projucer to change the Font renderer engine ?

Hi, Ivan, thanks for your reply. yes, I tried and no change obviously except more worse.

However what will Jules insist, the result of text rendering on Windows is the most fatal problem of JUCE… Many years passed and it had no any improve… I could only think of that Jules hates FreeType and clear text on computer’s screen, or he considers hazy is an aesthetics :slight_smile:

Hi, is it possible that JUCE uses Google V8 engine to improve its text rendering? If so, how to achieve it?

And there’re a lot of rich-text-editor and text render to html/PDF were written by JavaScript, could JUCE use these JS “modules”? Also, JUCE’s GUI widgets are ugly and unprofessional enough, so is it possible to use Boostrap’s GUI widgets?

If my honesty words make someone unhappy, I apologize in advance :slight_smile: