Has anyone looked at integrating a 3D engine into JUCE?
It seems the main contenders are:
All of these are free software.
Am I missing anything out?
How to choose between them?
And are there any obstacles to embedding in JUCE?
If anyone has some experience with this or a useful link, please do post!
EDIT: From preliminary googling, Ogre3D and Irrlicht appear to be the main contenders.
- MIT license (http://www.ogre3d.org/licensing)
- only 3D engine, not entire game engine
- good community, stable API
- targets all OS that JUCE does (http://www.ogre3d.org/about/features)
- small dependency tree (http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Prerequisites)
- zlib license (FSF Compliant)
- No official support for mobile platforms yet (http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/features/#platforms) although a little googling shows successful ports to both iOS and Android.
ok I need to do some research to complete this post.
I will edit later in the day.
Please are all the related forum posts I can find: