AAX Library / Xcode Linker Error (OS X)

Hi there,

I’ve got an old project here that was working fine last year on Xcode 7.0 / OSX 10.10… I’m now using 7.3 / OSX 10.11. It builds in debug mode no problem, but I am hitting a linker error building in release mode"

ld: library not found for -lAAXLibrary
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Does anyone have any ideas of why this error might have materialised? The position of AAXLibrary hasn’t been changed.

Thanks very much for any assistance. :slight_smile:

Have you tried rebuilding the AAX library with the new XCode/OS version?

Rail

Cheers Rail.

I haven’t successfully rebuilt the AAX library, so I’m guessing this might be the issue -

I’ve tried rebuilding AAXLibrary.xcodeproj, but I’ve been receiving the error

"The run destination My Mac is not valid for Running the sceheme ‘AAXLibrary’."

This error sounds like maybe the “deployment target” setting is set to a newer OS version than you are running…

As always, make sure your using same C++ lib. as AAXlib is compiled you must make sure you’re linking against correct libc++ or libstd++ . and each require to be compiled for both targets (Debug and Release)

Thanks for the help guys - The AAX library needed rebuilding

Hey there guys, I’m having the exact same error, the aax lib compiled successfully but the linking still doesn’t work. Thanks in advance.

Did you read this thread? Did you build the libcpp target?

Yep, matched libs, release versions, languages, but still no luck.
I went to the library search path and the only file that I found was libAAXLibrary.a in the debug path, release has nothing. It doesn’t seem right…

What I do:

• open the AAXLibrary Xcode project
  • Build the AAXLibrary in Debug mode, then in Release mode
  • Change the scheme to AAXLibrary_libcpp
  • Build it in Debug mode, then in Release mode

You’re done. It will now link with whatever C++ library you set in Projucer (LLVM or GNU) and in Debug or Release mode.

Hope that helps.

It worked, thanks! Haven’t realised that AAXLibrary_libcpp wasn’t set to build at all.

Much appreciated.