Adding AudioDemo.cpp to haydxn's tutorial

Hi
i’ve copied the AudioDemo.cpp and put it in my current project’s folder(and also to my project),
made a copy of the JuceDemo_headers.h file and renamed it and kept it in the same folder and then updated the #include statement in the AudioDemo.cpp to match this new header.

i then ran this line at the bottom of the constructor in haydxn’s tutorial and compiled:

createAudioDemo();	

it compiled fine so i then added:

addAndMakeVisible(AudioDemo());

and i got the error:

c:\documents and settings\michael jackson\desktop\heydxn template\MainComponent.h(46) : error C3861: ‘AudioDemo’: identifier not found

i’m missing something.
please help a newb peice this together?

ahem… maybe you meant “addAndMakeVisible (new AudioDemo())”?

P.S. If you’re the real Michael Jackson, good luck in your new career in programming!

lololol
no i’m not. there was a time where i named all the windows computers in my network after one of the jackson 5 :stuck_out_tongue:

now im gtting linker errors

AudioDemo.obj : error LNK2005: “class juce::Component * __cdecl createAudioDemo(void)” (?createAudioDemo@@YAPAVComponent@juce@@XZ) already defined in ApplicationStartup.obj
ApplicationStartup.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “char const * const BinaryData::cello_wav” (?cello_wav@BinaryData@@3PBDB)
Release\Audio Project.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\michael jackson\Desktop\heydxn template\Release\BuildLog.htm"
Audio Project - 3 error(s), 3 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

i deleted a line that involved cello_wave in audio demo before
it might be better for me to just disect the actual demo project instead of adding to haydxn’s

but if someone could help, i’d apreciate it.

i gotta get ready for school bbl